Thursday, October 11, 2012

Leaf Piles!



It was a cool, windy day... but no rain... so the kids headed back outside to start another pile of leaves.  They were fighting against the wind, which kept putting more leaves on the ground, but they do have two nice piles of leaves going so far!  We did read more books today about fall, and the kids wrote in their journal about their favorite part of fall... all three said raking is their favorite part!  We ran errands after lunch... to the bank and grocery store.  Then, the girls had skating and looked good, and Adam went to open skate to test out his new hockey skates before tomorrow's practice.  He did great!  Just some funny comments from the kids:  Anna informed me that a carrot's seed is at the tip of the carrot.  I asked her how she knew that.  She said, "Duh, it's called Health... I mean Social Studies!"  I said, "You mean Science?"  She replied, "Yeah, whatever!"  Ashley has taken a liking to the Spanish language and spoke to me using the word Mama` at the end of every phrase.  Yes, Mama`... Thank you, Mama`... Come here, Mama`... etc.  I thought I would get tired of it, or that she would... but neither of us did, and she said it all day long.  Adam saw me eating my veggie pizza (crescent crust with a cream cheese/dill spread and fresh tomatoes, broccoli and carrots sprinkled all over the top with shredded chicken).  In all seriousness, he said, "I want pizza!  Well, except for the potato, I mean tomato.  And... no broccoli.  And... no carrots."  Allison was supposed to be sleeping in her car seat today while running errands.  She somehow woke up after only a 20 minute nap while in the bank drive through.  She kept opening her car seat cover and smiling at the kids in the car.  Anna kept closing it back up, but she kept opening it with a huge smile and playing peek-a-boo.  She never did get back to sleep... she refuses to miss out on any action!  I may no longer be able to run errands during her nap!