We are a busy family of six... and we have family and friends spread all over the country. So, starting a blog just made sense. What a great way to stay connected with those who are near and dear. We hope you enjoy our adventures!
- Anna's love for shopping... so much that I don't load the cart, unload the cart, load the trunk or put groceries away at home!
- Ashley's artistic ability with make-up... on herself, Anna, Allison and Adam!
- Adam's love for airplanes... in the sky, at the rink, in the living room and on his drawing pad
- Allison's vocabulary and how she mimics whatever she hears from us including "jeesh" and "my gosh"
- Anna's belief that the goofier, the better - Ashley's ability to turn a rule into a guideline - Adam is so matter of fact, cut and dry - Allison's whole face smiles when she finds me in a room - How Anna likes to look into people's livingroom windows while we are driving when its dark and tells me what they are watching on TV - How Ashley is always pretending, usually someone or something else and usually somewhere other than where we really are - How Adam watches the clock religiously, blowing kisses at it for a wish whenever there is any number pattern detected - How Allison hisses when she laughs
Shutterfly Links
I may occasionally include a shutterfly link with my blog. I have all my digital photo albums stored at Shutterfly, so all the links for more pictures will take you to Shutterly. Just click "view album" to see the pictures... you do not need to sign in and get an account. Also, to get back to my blog, use the back arrow or history menu. If you click the red box, you'll fully exit Shutterfly and the blog.
It was a great day... as it always is when I have my camera and kids together! I love fall... and I love outdoor pictures... and I love taking pictures of my kids playing and laughing in the fall leaves! I accidentally started this tradition of mine when Anna was a month old... I set her in some fall leaves at my parents' house and snapped a few pictures. Then I did it again at a park in Des Moines when she was one year old. Then I did it again in our backyard when she was two and Ashley was 6 months old... and I have continued to seek out a great location for what I have deemed "my fall photo shoot" for 10 years now! Even Wes knows this will be an event, so he was so excited last weekend to have found a great place for this to take place and took me to the gorge of the Niagara River... which was awesome! However, as my family has evolved and now having four children, it is really hard to get it all done in one day. So, I have numerous locations right near my home that I have been able to for finalizing this fall photo shoot. Today I wanted to get pictures of the kids playing and laughing in the leaves. They enjoyed it just as much as I did! They started playing a "skunk" game where they were skunks and sprayed when necessary... not sure where this came from! We did this all in the afternoon after school...it was a great day, but glad it was Friday. The kids proved to me that the normal routine is much better for everyone... which is usually the case. They had a pretty good week, but it was a lot more work to reign them in. Routines are just a good thing!