It was forcasted to rain today, but the weather was dry at 8:30am... a bit brisk, but dry besides the dew. The kids all wanted to rake the leaves into a big pile, so they spent an hour out in the backyard, in their PJs and whatever they could find to stay warm, and with two rakes and a shovel to scoop the pile bigger. The leaves kept blowing off the trees and they would try to catch them as they fell... it was hard with a rake in one hand. We should have been starting school, but I decided it was a perfect activity for them, and we could start an hour late. After all, recess would probably be indoors anyway, so I wanted to be outside while the going was good. Adam was really glad to see the grass again! Once we started school, we read so many books about fall. It was fun to sit together and read through several books at once. Each kid took a turn picking out of our stack of seasonal books and we kept reading and reading. I think I will finish the stack tomorrow... it was so perfect today because the leaves kept blowing off the trees all during the autumn stories so it felt very appropriate! Anna and Ashley worked on spelling, grammar, and writing workbook lessons while Adam finished is shapes book. He is so proud of the final product! I included a few of the pages... there are 13 shapes total. Anna also worked on her book to be published and Ashley worked on math. We illustrated a fall scene for an art project. Then Ashley and Adam had basketball. Allison spent the day happily hanging out. She is really enjoying her jumper... she had fun getting it to swing back and forth by run-jumping... so cute! We all had fun watching that. It was another great day.







