Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

 
 
I love going to the pumpkin patch... especially where you are able to pick your pumpkin right in the field, right off the vine.  It was a beautiful day and a fun day to spend as a family.  It was a little cool when the sun was behind a cloud, so we did wear our coats for a bit off and on.  I was a little disappointed in Allison... one of my errands on Friday was to get her a cute pumpkin hat... so she would be cuter than cute at the pumpkin patch.  I was so happy that I was able to find the hat!  But... she simply didn't want to wear it.  I included pictures of my attempts... and her pulling it off!  Just like the other three kids, it is her way or else!  So she is in standard bald fashion in most of the pictures, but I was able to get a cute one of her with the hat, so at least I have that!  She did enjoy being set up to stand next to the pumpkins... she like to bang on them and grin with pride.  The other kids enjoyed running around the patch picking pumpkins.  Anna found hers right away and wanted to weave in and out just looking at the other pumpkins out there.  Adam found his right away then fixated on pulling the wagon and we had forever lost him to the wagon.  Ashley found her favorite pumpkin after quite a while of searching for the perfect one.  She put it in the wagon, then found another one... and placed that in the wagon as well.  Then she found a third and a fourth and kept bringing them to the wagon.  We told her she needed to pick just one... which took, without exaggeration, a good half hour plus.  After the first ten minutes of patiently letting her decide on her own, Wes finally went and told her he would pick for her if she didn't.  She didn't, so he did, very politely and then nicely put the other three back in the patch.  She ran after them and carried them back to the wagon, in tears that she loved them all so much and couldn't leave any behind.  WOW!  Can't wait for her to be a teenager!  She eventually calmed down and they enjoyed a pony ride and a cow train ride. Then we headed home.