Saturday, October 20, 2012

Opening Cabinets!

 

Allison has continued to be busy... as predicted!  She has found the pots and pans cabinet and likes to take out my strainers and play with them.  We had a total free day today.  It rained, so we didn't make any plans for the outdoors... infact I didn't leave the house once, the kids stayed in their PJ's all day and Wes ran to the hardware store for a few minutes and that was it!  The kids watched Disney's Make Your Mark and I set up my craft room with the limited shelving I already have.  I am not fully set up yet because I need more shelving, but I didn't want to go shopping today, so that will have to wait.  I emptied all my bins full of craft projects (mostly scrapbooks) that I aim to have done by the end of two years... I found my sewing machine... and I have access to all my fun baking stuff just in time for all the holiday baking that I plan to do with the kids.  I need to get a table in there so we can actually do our arts and crafts in there... although the kitchen counter is great, so I may keep doing school art at the counter.  We'll see.  I also started a canvas for our front entry (I hope it turns out!) and Wes built a shelving unit that I had bought for the front entry.  We are just finishing up the final things of moving in.  We are about 98% moved in... and have been for several months now... so I just want that last bit done and it was a great day to work on it.