Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pool Week - Day 4



We barely made it to day 4 of our pool week!  We left right after piano/violin lessons (which went very well) and Allison's nap (which also went very well)... so got there about 3:20 in the afternoon... and should have had just over an hour and a half to swim.  When we showed up, the parking lot was fairly empty and the pool was as well... we asked what was going on... worried that someone had not used a swim diaper... but nope!  They were just finishing up a 30 minute mandated clearing of the pool and pool deck due to thunder that was heard.  So, we waited a whopping 2 minutes and marched right in with everyone else who had waited a half hour!  Then, we got sunscreen on, took our group shot... and after about 10 minutes of playing... we heard thunder... and so did the life guards. The whistles blew, and out of the pool we all went and cleared the pool deck.  It was going to be another 30 minute wait in which case we would only have 45 minutes to play before closing.  The kids unanimously voted to go home and play instead of waiting!  Allison was excited to be at the pool again... she literally ran into the water... walked all over the pool like she owned the place... and bounced up and down like she was jumping.  Good job, Allison!  She even sat still for a cute picture with the sibs.  Right away this morning we started Day 1 of feeding the neighbor's fish, checking their mail, and waterting their beautiful gardens and potted plants while they are gone.  The kids  were very good at their jobs and took it very seriously!  Too cute!  After dinner I ran some errands... mainly returning summer things that didn't work out, but also my entry rug from Pier1 was falling apart... so I brought it back and got full credit toward a new one.  I decided to get a different one because they didn't have the one I returned in stock, and I didn't want it to fall apart again... so, I found a keeper... brought it home and put in down.  Wes said it was nice... the girls each loved it...  and Adam literally had a meltdown for a good half hour crying and screaming and slamming doors because he liked the old rug and I didn't tell him I was getting a different one.  WOW is all I can say!