Monday, May 6, 2013

Rollerblading



The weather has been so nice here, and we all have a big case of spring fever, so I decided to start the day off with a 45 minute fast walk with the stroller (I'm not ready to jog yet!) while the kids all rollerbladed.  It was so fun!  We turned a lot of heads since the older walkers were out... and this was at 8:30 in the morning when the kids should have been at school... but we are used to explaining to people that we are homeschooled.  When we got home we got right into our lessons.  It was a good day!  I hope to be able to do it again tomorrow...  I would just like to be out there at 8:00 rather than 8:30.  Allison, Adam and Anna are usually up by 7:00... it's just Ashley that sleeps in.  I don't mind waking her after 8:00 but I don't like waking her sooner.  That may change, though.  After lunch, they did their chores and then headed outside for the day!  When Allison woke up from her nap, we headed to the sporting goods store to get each kid a baseball bag and a water bottle... and Ashley desperately needed a new bike, which meant it was time for Anna to upgrade in size now.  She could have stayed in her current bike, but really, she would only get another season... so now Ashley can have it for a couple seasons and it will be better for Anna to have the bigger size.  The bummer part of upgrading to a new bike is that Ashley won her bike in a coloring contest... so she has rode her bike with pride!  I think she'll be fine, though.  For dinner, I made a ham... kinda random, but I had it in the freezer and I wanted the kids to fill up on food.  I have been failing lately at providing enough of a meal for them!  Everyone like it and they all ate well.  We even have leftovers!