Today was steady... but we made it out of town! We started the day with packing the last of everything... suitcases, tote bags of car stuff, researching last minute things to be sure I knew all the rules for what needs tickets and what doesn't... and then lunch... followed by 2 hours of piano lessons. Wes was home early and was able to get the grocery shopping done (our hotel has a kitchenette so we are planning to eat there rather than at restaurants) which was super helpful. So... the only thing I was waiting for was the package of shoes that I ordered for the girls. I wanted them to have some nice shoes, and the first pair I ordered didn't fit... so I tried again, and they were scheduled to arrive by the end of the day... which they did! However, they were too big... so I had them wear their gym shoes... which will be just fine. We made it all the way to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and stayed the night there. I was just glad to be in the car...so I could be done "planning" and just be on the way! I have found that DC is a trip that can be researched and researched... which I wanted to do so that I would not be wasting time or missing highlights while there... that a would not be good! I think we are fairly set... I have a pretty good agenda for each day while there... and have timed-entry tickets for a few of the more popular places already... so now we just need to get there!
Friday, April 19, 2013
On the Road!
Today was steady... but we made it out of town! We started the day with packing the last of everything... suitcases, tote bags of car stuff, researching last minute things to be sure I knew all the rules for what needs tickets and what doesn't... and then lunch... followed by 2 hours of piano lessons. Wes was home early and was able to get the grocery shopping done (our hotel has a kitchenette so we are planning to eat there rather than at restaurants) which was super helpful. So... the only thing I was waiting for was the package of shoes that I ordered for the girls. I wanted them to have some nice shoes, and the first pair I ordered didn't fit... so I tried again, and they were scheduled to arrive by the end of the day... which they did! However, they were too big... so I had them wear their gym shoes... which will be just fine. We made it all the way to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and stayed the night there. I was just glad to be in the car...so I could be done "planning" and just be on the way! I have found that DC is a trip that can be researched and researched... which I wanted to do so that I would not be wasting time or missing highlights while there... that a would not be good! I think we are fairly set... I have a pretty good agenda for each day while there... and have timed-entry tickets for a few of the more popular places already... so now we just need to get there!