Sunday, January 13, 2013

Playing at the Park




It was a really fun day today!  It definitely helped that the temperature hit 66 degrees today, January 13th!  Wes took Adam to hockey practice and the girls watched some shows on the t.v.  Ashley got to feed Allison a bottle which was super fun for her.  When the boys got home we went and got my last two shelves and came back home to start finishing that project!  It looks great in my craft room...  I will be doing our art classes in there from now on!  I am so excited!!  While we were out, I had to get a few groceries, so Anna begged to do self-check out so she could be the cashier.  It was on her list of things she had been wanting to do for quite some time and I finally was able to do it today because I had just a few items in the cart.  That made her day! After lunch, Anna, Ashley and Adam played "spy" outside for a long time while Allison took her nap... I have to admit that I love it when they play "spy."  I always find myself smirking  while they're dressed in all black and sneaking slyly all over the house and yard... maybe it's because they're so quiet!   The neighbor girls also came over to play for a while.  When they left, the 6 of us went for a walk to the park.  It was Allison's first time playing at the park and she had a blast!  So did the other kids... it was crazy not wearing coats and mittens and walking to play at the park in the middle of January in Buffalo!  When we got home Wes made a delicious meal for dinner... one of his favorite dishes at restaurants is Chicken Parmesan... so he gave it a try at home.  It turned out awesome... all four kids even gobbled it down!  Then the haired kids (not Allison yet) and Wes all got haircuts from me.... so we are all looking clean and trim again.  Adam was in bed and asleep by 7:30 so he was really tired.  The girls weren't as tired, but did a good job going to bed.   My laundry got sorted... but that's it!  I have a lot to do in that department!