Saturday, January 5, 2013

Icicles!



We started the morning bright and early... I had to wake everyone up except Allison for Adam's hockey practice.  Wes was rounding at the hospital so he was unable to take him like he has been doing.  Because practice was so early, we had the whole day to do stuff when we got home... the morning drug on for me because I kept waiting for Wes to text me that he was on his way home.  Once I quit thinking about when he would be home, the day was great!  I just like being able to plan our day... and without knowing when he would get home, it was hard to make any plans... so I finally planned that we would stay home.  The kids played outside two different times for a couple of hours each time, so that was good and fun for them!  I am so glad that they are excited to go outside and play in the snow... it is rarely a struggle to get them outside, even when its really cold!  They found some icicles and had fun playing with those.  Then we played a board game as a family... then had homemade beef and barley soup for dinner... then watched a movie before going to bed.  It was pretty low key today!