Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No Cast!



Anna was a happy but also a little disappointed today when she found out she did not need a cast... just a brace/splint.  She wondered if people could still sign her brace.  I reminded ther how happy she will be to be able to scratch her arm whenever she felt like it, to shower with ease, to use pools and to flex as needed.  She outwardly agreed that it was better than a cast, but I know a little bit of her still wished she had had a cast put on. So that was good news... that the break was so minimal and no cast needed.  However, she is out of skating for 4-6 weeks, so that is a bummer!  We had her doctor appointment in the morning, so I did school in the afternoon... which was a first!  It went pretty well, although it was very obvious that Ashley and Adam were really tired compared to morning school!  The kids were very well behaved during Anna's appointment, even Allison, who slept the whole time!