Broken Arm!

Oh, Anna! Another broken arm! This time she was rollerblading... without her gear on (but she thankfully did have a helmet on... but not the wrist guards, etc.). It has been 3 1/2 years, but she did break an arm in Kindergarten... the other arm. She fell off a loft, 9 feet down! At that time I was glad it was just an arm! This time I was just glad she had a helmet on! She handled it pretty well... I was not even sure I was going to take her in... Sunday night... Wes not home... she was in pain but not screaming... but the way she reacted, I just knew it was more than a bump. Ashley and Adam insisted that we go to the doctor because Anna needed to get a cast. Allison would have rather gone to bed in her crib, but she successfully fell asleep in her car seat and in the end, all went fine... the walk-in clinic on a Sunday night... just me and four overly tired, yet well-behaved children. We had been up two days in a row before 6:00am for Adam's hockey practice and game, so I wanted them all in bed by 6:30 and we got to the walkin clinic at 6:00. I told them they had to behave like angels... and they actually did! Well enough that we even received a compliment while there! The walk-in clinic was really cute! They had suites for the kids that had an actual twin bed with headboard and footboard and comfy chairs and fun huge art on the wall, plus a TV and book bin all in modern decor. Really cute! We found out she had a buckle fracture in the wrist, and we have to wait 7 days before seeing an orthopedic surgeon (for swelling to be a minimum) and from there she will get a cast for likely 4-6 weeks. There is a chance the doctor will still let her skate, so we will wait to hear. So, like I mentioned, the day started at 5:45 when my alarm went off for Adam's hockey game. He had another great game, scoring 5 goals and getting 10 saves as goalie! Go Adam! We then went to church, came home for a quick brunch before Wes had to be at the hospital, then enjoyed the warm 70 degree beautiful day outside! The kids had the neighbor girls over for a couple of hours, then went rollerblading for a couple of hours on the front sidewalk. I had just given them their 10 minute warning to be done when I noticed the neighbors were grilling on their driveway, so I went out to visit... Anna had been over talking with them, so she was crossing the street to come home, and down she went. I was right there. I saw the whole thing happen! Ugghhh! Poor thing!












