Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Backyard Blast!

 

Today was a chilly day... a high of 60 degrees.  We are used to 75 degrees still, so that was a shock for all of us!  Today was a fun day at school... we learned about the ant eater during our morning routine, started to learn about the northeastern states and continued our apple projects in art!  The kids are really enjoying working on them.  We should be close to finishing tomorrow... but it may take two more days.  I think we are going to have a lot of fun learning the US geography.  I am not teaching it out of a textbook... just the pieces of information that I want them to know, so it makes it a lot more fun for me to teach.  I know Anna will be learning it later in the year with her curriculum so I will nail it "textbook style" for her then.  I decided to take a bunch of pictures during recess today... they have so much fun in our backyard and have since the day Wes and my dad built the swing set... and I have so few pictures of them back there.  I got a few good ones!  I told the girls they could get a "prize" at Michael's if they were asleep by 9:00pm... which I thought was shooting for the moon... but they actually fell asleep by 9:00pm.  SO, I will be off to Michael's tomorrow for their rewards!  Adam is really into writing letters at bedtime now that he knows how to write words.  I am so excited for him and he is so proud of his abilities!  It is so fun to watch his joy!  Allison's big news:  she is cutting her first tooth!  She was a little needy the past couple days and I've been watching for a tooth... and today it finally came through!