Finally Friday?! I think a break is always a good thing, so I am looking forward to the weekend, even though I have had a good week with the kids. It is nice, too, because Wes will be around which always makes the home feel more complete. As far as school goes, I let them have gum today... only because all three of them were chomping away on a stick of gum when they asked right before school started. I thought, "Why not?"
We did our morning routine, learned about the bison, did our lessons, learned more about manners and the kids were great all morning... up until reading buddies, when the girls lost their gum for having personal space issues. Then, when we read our journals aloud... the sillies came out! They were all just giggly and goofy. I took the time to explain proper public speaking behavior and they were able to control their urge to burst out in giggles... but their first chance to let it out was lunch, which was next on the schedule, and they were goofy once again! Then came recess... ahhh! They could be silly and goofy to their heart's content... and the were! At some point int he afternoon they thought it was so funny to put Allison in a full laundry basket with this dress on over her... all three were busting a gut! I did think it was kinda funny... and I took this picture of her.
Everyone had a little homework to do. I just wanted to end the week with completeness so I had everyone get to a good stopping point in their lessons in order to be at a better starting point on Monday. No one is really learning anything new yet. It is all pretty much a review or mostly a review for all subjects so far, so that makes the teaching easier. Plus, it gives me a good idea of each of their levels so I can plan accordingly. I'm looking forward to the weekend, but I'm sure I will spend a lot of time planning more of their schooling now that I have an idea of how things went!
As far as Allison, she turned 7 months old today! It is so har to believe that she is already 7 months. It sounds so old for a baby in a way. I want her to stay little for longer! I am so enjoying her in our family! We all are! She started pulling herself up onto things all by herself today so she was standing while holding onto whatever she pulled up to, like a chair or a box. That girl is determined to be like her siblings... on the go! She is taking pathetic naps... about an hour and 15 minutes in the morning and also about the same once in the afternoon. Really, Allison? I guess she doesn't want to miss a thing! I am trying to make her stay in her crib for at least 2 hours in the afternoon. The problem is that she is doing fine with the short naps... she is perfectly happy all day. She is ready for bed for the night about 6:30 and sleeps until about 6:30... waking up about 2-3 times during the night to nurse. I think she just likes me... I don't think she really needs to eat. But it's easier than breaking the habit right now. She is definitely a 4th child!