Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sleeping by Seven!



Allison has an early bedtime... she is a great sleeper for the most part!  Her bedtime is around 6:45, and is usually asleep without any fuss by 7:00pm and will sleep until 7:00am or even a little later!  This picture is proof that she sleeps early... it is shortly after 7:00pm and she has been soundly sleeping for a little while now.  I just had to post this because when I am at the ball fields for games from 6:00-8:00, I  put her down for bed in the stroller, then walk her around until she sleeps.  She did great, right on time, the first few weeks.  Then... she got a little later, but still would fall asleep.  Now, the last few weeks, I have walked her around from 7:00-8:00 and she does not fall asleep!  I feel like a fool, because for a month now, the other spectators have watched me deal with this non-sleeping child, listening to me offer my explanation that she goes to bed at 6:30.  Yeah, right!  So, I am just proving to myself, even though this picture does not indicate the time taken, but I know in my own honesty that she was asleep by 7:00, without difficulty, just like she usually is!  I just wish I could convince the other moms that I'm not crazy!  After the last game, I vowed that I would not put her down at the fields again!  Other than that, the kids had a great day.  We started going through the main level for spring cleaning.  We started with the toy room.  It took a lot longer than I though... it really wasn't that cluttered, but just didn't have the spunk in me, and neither did the kids.  Plus, we stopped by 11:00 for lunch then had 2 hours of piano lessons followed by skating lessons, so we didn't actually clean the whole day, just the morning.  We got through the toys, but we still have the books and the games.  So, that will be waiting for us tomorrow, when we really don't have any other scheduled activities until evening!  It rained all day, so a great day to clean.  Here is Allison in one of my baby outfits that my mom saved for me... Anna loves to dress her in these "olden days" outfits!  Then, Anna had fun taking a mini photo shoot of Allison hanging out in my new blanket.  She loves to cuddle with blankets!