Friday, June 28, 2013

Rainy Friday



The only thing we had scheduled today was a ballgame for Anna... which ended up getting rained out.  It was her last official game of the season... she starts playoffs this weekend.  It rained all day long, fairly heavy at times, leaving our backyard  with standing water surrounding the swing-set that I have never seen accumulate before.  Needless to say, I did not get a walk in today.  I made a "responsibility chart" for each of the kids... so that they have to have their list checked off completely each day before they get any screens or can play with friends.  It is about an hour's worth of chores, music practice and some math and reading.  They used to get all their reading done at night, but now they are playing with the neighbors, so they need to get it done during the day... and I want their math facts to stay quick... it's not asking a lot, and they didn't complain about the chart at all... we'll see how things are going after a few days!  During Allison's nap, the kids went down to the neighbor house to play.  When they came home, I was informed that Adam had broken a water ball of their friend Julia who was crying because he broke it.  He said he wasn't being crazy, that he just picked it up and broke... and the mother apparently said that it was from a birthday party she was at and it could be replaced.  Whatever the case, Adam wrote a card saying he was sorry and found a couple of craft kits as part of his apology, then he and Anna walked it down to Julia once the rain lightened up.  I think all was well after that... we'll know by whether we're allowed over to their place again!