Friday, May 3, 2013

Go Yankees!



Anna had her first softball game tonight... well, we missed the first one while on vacation... but this was her first one!  Yankees won!  Anna did not get any actual hits, but she did get a couple of foul balls and walked to first base.  She alternated playing third and second bases along with center field.  Wes was on call overnight, so he missed it... which meant that the rest of us all went.  Allison went to sleep very well in her stroller, transferred to the car, then transferred to her crib just fine!  Cheaper than a babysitter!  Adam and Ashley found a huge collection of stranded softballs and baseballs along the edges of the woods... they were quite proud of their collection.  The bad side to this cute story is that Ashley had one and Adam had two wood ticks to pick off!  Yuck!  I don't look forward to that part of spring... although if I keep them away from the woods and tall grass... I will probably have zero ticks to deal with... but I think that's asking a lot!  Earlier in the day, the kids did a much better job with focusing for school!  Then they had great piano/violin lessons ... Allison found her brown bear and tried to go to sleep, right then and there in the middle of the living room... and the neighbor girls came over to play outside for a while, letting Allison be the star on the trampoline.  Yes, she is still in her PJs from this morning in those pictures... however, I changed her into a new pair of jammies after dinner so she was all set to fall asleep in the stroller.