Adam successfully finished his first chapter book! He was soooo proud! He wanted to start reading another one right away... but I dampered the excitement by telling him it was time to go to sleep. In general, today was a very lazy day... I planned out most of our summer (and for that matter, our spring and fall a little bit, too) and continued to plan our trip to Washington D.C. We leave in 2 weeks... we will be going to DC, Philadelphia and Gettysburg. Believe it or not, the kids understood that we could only take one trip, so even though they have been saving their money for Florida, they voted Florida down and opted for DC! It should be a fun time. I also looked to see what goes on in Western New York... so that I could write them down on the calendar as to not miss out! The kids played outside a good part of the day and danced to their crazy music when they were inside. The house was completely neglected... although the upstairs bedrooms are still looking great... and we had ala carte dinner so there weren't a lot of dirty dishes... so most of the clutter was toys and dirt and grass from running in and out. I did manage to make cookies with them and sew ballet slipper ribbons on Ashley's new ballet shoes and get about 4 loads of laundry done... but other than that... it felt pretty lazy! If it doesn't rain tomorrow we might head to Letchworth State Park... a beautiful gorge of the Genesee River with several large water falls and beautiful views. It is know as The Grand Canyon of the East. It's only an hour away!