Allison got this cute little rocking pony from Grandma and Grandpa Breyen for her birthday... she knows how to push the button to hear the song, "I'm a little pony, clickity clack, clickety clack, such a pretty pony, clickety clack, clickety clack..." and she LOVES to ride it! We had a long day today... we held school in the morning which went very well, then lunch, chores and recess before piano lessons, which also went well. When piano was done, the kids had a second round of chores earned by poor choices here and there over the last week that was starting to get to be too often... so I had to do something to take their free time away... which is what made the day long! Their whole life is free time if we aren't holding school! It is a lot of work to keep them busy with chores during my only "down time" of the day. I finally gave up on getting any time for me and stood guard to make sure the work got done by redirecting, assigning, and approving the work. I kept telling myself it would be worth it in the long run... we'll see how long it lasts. It really wasn't that bad... they actually had fun doing the things I came up with... I had Adam sharpening all the pencils, Anna did several loads of laundry and Ashley picked up the cluttered piles that had formed around the house... plus a few other things I came up with. Wes made it home a little early from work which was nice... and Wes and I watched the Sabres play hockey in the evening after the kids went to bed.