Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Report to Duty!




We spent the day getting back into a routine of normalcy!  I had them report to duty!  We have been "on vacation" for several weeks now... so I wanted to get the kids somewhat prepared for next week when we hit our full school routine.  I started by waking each of them up by 7:30... Ashley was the only one who needed help with this... the others were awake by 6:30.  Then I had them make their beds... get dressed... and then each did a little school academic work.  I plan to do this again tomorrow as well... and Friday.  It went well... there was a little moaning and groaning, but really not too much!  We didn't have any activities tonight so we just stayed put all day.  Wes got home really late... he's on a rotation now that I plan to see very little of him.  I also started with Anna doing some schoolwork at bedtime, so when she would normally go to her room to read, she goes downstairs to do some homework.  I am hoping this will benefit both girls.... Anna learns so much in the time period that I give her during the morning... and I want to give her a chance to really learn the stuff... and Ashley needs to be alone to fall asleep or she turns every night into a slumber party full of giggles and goofiness.  SO... we'll see if this new schedule change works out... as long as it doesn't interrupt my only down time of the day!  It went very well tonight... but time will tell!