We had a busy morning of school, then hurried over to the mall after lunch to visit Santa! The kids were so excited. Allison sat on his lap willingly without even crying... Adam was sure to ask for a toy snowmobile, showing him exactly how big it should be... Ashley described to him the gigantic crystal that she wants... and Anna matter of factly asked for a cash register! They had so much fun and did a great job! The set-up was so different than I am used to... normally I can take my own pictures without it being a problem. Well, here I was about 30 feet away, could not hear the kids, and at an angle to them so picture taking was a little difficult... so I was thrilled that they actually turned out. Anna reported to me that Santa was a little grumpy... she said all he said to her was "Ho, Ho, Ho" and didn't really smile... but from my view afar, he looked interested in the kids when they were describing what they wanted, so we decided he was probably just concentrating on remembering what they all wanted since he wasn't taking notes! Then we went into the mall and did a little shopping for Wes, then headed home. Wes got home early from work, so I moved up my hair appointment and he stayed home with the kids an hung lights on the bushes in front of the house. 'Tis the season!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Visiting Santa!
We had a busy morning of school, then hurried over to the mall after lunch to visit Santa! The kids were so excited. Allison sat on his lap willingly without even crying... Adam was sure to ask for a toy snowmobile, showing him exactly how big it should be... Ashley described to him the gigantic crystal that she wants... and Anna matter of factly asked for a cash register! They had so much fun and did a great job! The set-up was so different than I am used to... normally I can take my own pictures without it being a problem. Well, here I was about 30 feet away, could not hear the kids, and at an angle to them so picture taking was a little difficult... so I was thrilled that they actually turned out. Anna reported to me that Santa was a little grumpy... she said all he said to her was "Ho, Ho, Ho" and didn't really smile... but from my view afar, he looked interested in the kids when they were describing what they wanted, so we decided he was probably just concentrating on remembering what they all wanted since he wasn't taking notes! Then we went into the mall and did a little shopping for Wes, then headed home. Wes got home early from work, so I moved up my hair appointment and he stayed home with the kids an hung lights on the bushes in front of the house. 'Tis the season!