Sunday, November 25, 2012

Westward Bound




We spent the day traveling back home today... and there were quite a few Americans with the same idea!  The roads were steady with traffic... enough to even cause us to stop-and-go several times.  Wes handled it well... as did the kids... and I just sat back and relaxed.  I was quite exhausted from the whole weekend... mainly because Allison did not sleep well, which meant I did not sleep well... but thankfully the others all did!  We stopped at a rest area on the toll highway, which meant anyone else on the toll highway who needed gas, food, a bathroom or a stretch also stopped here.  The lines for food were crazy... we waited in line for gas... the parking lot had a stream of traffic coming and going... I was shocked at how bustling such a place could be.  So... I didn't get my coffee (lines were at least 25 people deep) and we didn't get fast food kiddie meals (lines were also 25+ people deep)... so we all had a pretzel from Auntie Em's for dinner!  That was the only line we were willing to stand in and we all needed to eat.  To make things better... we all had the cinnamon and sugar kind, except Adam who had plain with dipping cheese.  That was our dinner.  And it still cost the price of a meal!  The best part is... it satisfied all of us and everyone ate all of it!  Maybe we should do that more often!!  As we were leaving, we stopped at the store to buy bottled water... Adam found a toy that he wanted.  When I told him that we didn't need it, he loudly informed me (and the rest of the store) that I need to remember I have credit card because I have billions of dollars on it!   We got home in time to play in the newly fallen snow... our first snow here so far this year.  It was pitch black, but the kids still ran inside for mittens and a scarf so they could run back outside to throw snowballs at each other.  We didn't even have a half inch, but it was enough for them!  They were less than happy when we ended their fun by telling them it was time to come in and go to bed.