Friday, November 9, 2012

US Geography

 
 
We finally got through our National Geographic Beginner's Atlas of the United States... all 50 states!  I wanted to fill one of my bulletin boards with US States flashcards, but I haven't found ones that are just a picture of the state, so it has sat empty!  Today we printed off images and had the kids color the states.  Adam did most of the coloring but Ashley helped some by outlining the states for him so he knew the borders of the states.  Anna did the printing, selected the color to use  (then lined them up in alphabetical order for them to color) and she also did the cutting.  The coloring is finished but they need to finish the cutting... I interrupted their hard work by taking them to get groceries... which we badly needed.  For dinner we had peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwiches, because that's what Mallory has in the Mallory books that the girls are reading... and ever since Ashley read that, that's all she can think about.  So, I was a good mom and bought marshmallow creme and put it in a sandwich... or maybe I wasn't a good mom!  Either way, they all liked it, just like Mallory does!  Wes is on call again tonight so it's just me and the kids... at least we all get along!