School got off to a late start today. The girls slept in until about 8:00 so we didn't start at our normal time. We were still able to get it all done... we just went longer into the afternoon. Anna is learning about logging science experiments, so she is testing bread mold... here she is with her 4 pieces of bread... two will be in a dark shoe box and two will be on the kitchen counter... a dry one and a moist one for each spot. We watch them each day for a week to determine which environment mold grows the quickest and slowest... quite suspenseful! She was excited about this experiment! Wes got home early... so that was fun for everyone. Adam spent the day making my house spotless... he is in debt for a monster truck that I bought him the other day... that he really "needed" and promised to pay me back at home because he had $10 in his piggy bank. However, when it came time to paying me... he melted and simply lost it when he had to actually hand me the $10 bill. He cried and cried at how much he missed the money. I really needed him to get to sleep because he had 6am hockey practice the next morning... and dwelling on how much he missed his $10 bill was preventing any sleep... so I told him he could sleep with it one more night and pay me in the next day. Well, that worked, until the next day. So, I then told him he had to pay off the $10. He has been doing extra chores all week and just wanted to get it over with today, so he piled on the chores! Too funny. He even told me he didn't think it was a fair trade because he liked doing all that work! The next time he really needs a monster truck, or any toy, I will rethink how I handle it. I never let them buy a toy just because they need it! Yet, I am trying to let them have control of their own money... so it's a learning curve! I took Ashley to skating again while Wes stayed home with the other 3 kids. Tomorrow is Friday, which should be a nice relaxing day for everyone!