Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rainbow Fish




 




We finished our Rainbow Fish!  Here they are... I truly love how each child's art is so different from the next.  I was so excited to try blending the watercolors, I even made a Rainbow Fish of my own... so much fun!  I feel like I am finally successful in teaching the kids how watercolor painting works... we started with the fall leaf rubbings... where none of them used enough water (although the results were still awesome!).  Then we painted the fish and sea weed... which was still difficult to use the right amount of paint.  It wasn't until they got to paint the water that it clicked... to blend the colors you add more water, not more paint!  Once they realized that, they were so proud of how their water was blended and so pretty!  They had a lot of fun painting their Rainbow Fish!  As far as the rest of the day... we took Allison to the doctor, and she does not have an ear infection!  So that is good news!  She is just fussy because of her upset GI tract.  She also got four shots today... poor thing!  Because of the appointment, we switched and did our core schooling after lunch which was our first for afternoon school!  It went well but I was more exhausted at the end of the day.  Tomorrow will be back to morning school... unless I want to sleep in... oh, wait!  I can't do that anymore!
 



Adam's




Anna's




Ashley's
 
 


Mine