Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Game On!


The Beavers

The Angels
 
Today was interesting... Ashley slept in.  I wasn't sure what to do... the other kids were up and could have been fully ready by the time school started, but I told them we would wait for Ashley and start school late. I explained that we would keep our normal routine and finish later in the day than normal.  It was kind of nice to have the late start but I did not like the later ending time!  Anna always has homework and I like her to be able to have that done before dinner... but today she had to do a little bit after dinner.  Not a big deal, but I'd rather not be doing school stuff after dinner.  They made a school bus craft today that turned out really cute... and we learned more Spanish.  Which reminds me... sometime last weekend Adam informed me that he was never going to speak Spanish as an adult unless he goes to China because that is the only place they speak Spanish.  I thought about not correcting him because it was so cute... but I did explain the facts to him for his understanding.  When school ended, Anna grabbed her workbooks and walked out the front door.  Then she walked right back in and announced to me, "Hi Mom, I'm home from school and I have a lot of homework so I better get started right away!"  Too cute!  Later we went to the library and checked out another supply of books for the week.  We also made a stop at the grocery store for a few ingredients I needed for dinner.  Ashley was funny... she really wanted to keep reading her book so she took it with into the grocery store.  I looked at her in the parking lot and she had the book totally in her face in a way that she wouldn't notice if she was going to be hit by a car!  I told her she needed to put it down in the parking lot but she could read it in the store... and she did... somehow following me up and down the aisles with a chapter book covering her face.  When we got to the checkout line she announced to me, "Mom, I finished my book!"  Then we came home and I cooked dinner while Wes played a game of hockey with the kids in the backyard.  Boys against girls... Beavers against Angels... and the appropriate jerseys were worn.  Allison watched from the sidelines.  During dinner Wes asked how their day was.  Allison decided she should pipe up and went on a long streak of babbles with different pitches and no break in sound for quite a stretch.  We all laughed!  She apparently had a lot to say!